... and more than likely in reality.
March 30 and 31, this coming Friday and Saturday, we have some good music down at the New Zealand Symphony.
Lawrence Renes (a conductor with whom I am not familiar) will be conducting both concerts.
Here is the program for Friday night:
MOZART Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
MOZART Arias including:
Vado, ma dove?
Chi sà, chi sà qual sia
Nehmt meinen Dank, ihr holden Gönner!
STRAUSS Lieder including:
Morgen
Standchen
Zueignung
MAHLER Symphony No 4 in G Major
And the soprano will be Kiri Te Kanawa. [!] It will be interesting to hear how her voice is doing. I have not heard her since a Capriccio in San Francisco back in the 90's some time. My understanding is that she is still in pretty good shape.
AND then on Saturday night, we have the rich over-the-topness of Bruckner's titanic Symphony #8.
It is going to be a lovely weekend.
Here is the inside of the Michael Fowler Centre (generally the home of the excellent New Zealand Symphony when it is in Wellington): 
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Something good in prospect...
Posted by Mark at 10:32 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow can't wait to hear about it. I just delivered my paper in here in Kent yesterday afternoon -- a success! Really enthusiastic response.
I am so glad the paper went well--- that is so so great. Music-wise this weekend will be quite nice, yes! Will post for sure.
Post a Comment