Look what I found at Aprile Millo's blog:
This is the most recent full moon rising right behind the temple precinct at Cape Sounion in Greece.
I of course visited this gorgeous temple (to Poseidon? Yeah? For the Romanist it is use it or lose it!) with the students in 2006 (and am slated to take another group to Greece in 2009). Here are two of my shots from 2006:


Now it is back the mines and my final labors on my book project which just seems to go on and on. (People are all like-- though they don't quite say it--- what is taking you so long?-- and all I can say [and they still don't get it] is that the demands of what I want to say and how I want to say it require that certain labor intensive things need to happen...maybe I am deluded about this.... but I have had success in the past in presenting results and in other ways, so I should follow my judgment here...and so I WILL... but...) Um, Mark, STFU and BACK THE MINES ALREADY!!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Moonrise on Cape Sounion
Posted by Mark at 7:20 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment