One of the caretakers for the Souda Bay Cemetary has his house right next to the cemetary and he, a real sweetheart and friendly, takes in stray cats and dogs. He will not stand by and allow these abandoned animals to perish in want. He has over 20 cats and 8 dogs. On the day we were there he had this 6 or 7 week old puppy on hand. He is a pit-bull. I bet he looks a little frightened to you. He did to me. But you know what? He warmed right up and was licking your thumb and chewing on it a bit in no time. It was nice to play with a puppy for a little while after being in the cemetary (even though it made me miss my own dog back in NZ all the more). I do have a picture of his face but I am not able to post in any of the internet cafes right now for various reasons. In any case, I have come to think that the one picture is enough, so I am going to post with the one; this picture makes you want to comfort him, doesn't it? I am so glad the caretaker found him and that he will have dogs around him who will teach him stuff. The other dogs were really good with him, by the way. So young. So small.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Souda Bay Puppy
Posted by Mark at 5:47 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
νὴ τὸν κύνα!
is it pandering to show pictures of puppies on your blog?
he is adorable. makes me wanna put him in my pocket.
Well if it's pandering to show puppies on a blog then Ralphie listening to late German romanticism is like pandering and dealing heroin at the same time. Give Ralphie a hug for me. Such a nice dog.
Post a Comment