BEFORE:
OK. Movemeber came to an end. [Movemeber is November rebranded by I think the ministry of health or some such public organ in NZ. For the month of Movemember there is an emphasis on general fitness (Move. Get it?) and in particular men's health (or such is my impression). Anyway, men grow moustaches in November in honor of the month.] Anyway, as I was saying, Movemeber came to an end and I shaved off my moustache. The boys on the trip were like, "gah! why did you do that?" While the girls were like, "thank god." And now they are eyeing the moustaches that remain on masculine cheeks and chins and silently and not so silently willing them to go away. So what do the internets think about this? Did I make a mistake? Have a lost my manly mojo? Or have a embraced a certain maturity and refinement in bringing forth unto a grateful world my smooth and civilized visage? Are these things mutually exclusive? So many questions are raised by this. Will they ever stop?
AFTER:
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Did I make a mistake?
Posted by Mark at 10:49 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
NO! You didn't make a mistake.
Thanks for the input. The boy posse on the trip is all like "bring back the power of the moustache" as they have all bonded on the basis of growing moustaches. Personally I liked its manliness but it did look untidy and more than a little low-class. Best to be cleaned up! You have strengthened my resolve to keep the face clean.
Mmm, maybe it's just me. But moustaches are just a bit too Village People.
Post a Comment