Friday, December 29, 2006

In an upcoming post...

Favourite Pianists? Who is your favourite pianist? Tell me, so I can bruit it abroad on the internets. Chalk! I speak to you among others. Your too, mom. FS? My elder sister's husband? And any of my students, I look over my glasses upon thee too. And any of my other readers. I would like to do posting on this. Mostly so I can learn what people know and how they are thinking about pianists. TRH is particularly interested in pianists, so his opinion will be shared. I am also going to solicit an opinion from one my colleagues at a place where I used to work--- he has strong opinions on this topic. I am going to see him in about a week and, I don't know, tape him at dinner? Send me a name and your reasoning. I will be most grateful and I will credit you in any way you prefer (Anon., initials, first name, first name last name). How flexible is that? Quite, I should think.

And I Lituani? Well I need to get back to NZ to study the libretto a tad and then I will address this too. Let me report for the moment that I find the opera to be a really fine piece of work with any number of memorable moments. It is a cool piece.

So send in those names of pianists (click on "view my complete profile" on right of this page and then on "email" on the left of the page that comes up next)-- or add them to the comments

3 comments:

Mark said...

A!

Thanks for input, which is completly welcome--- and happy new year to you too. I hope you are doing well and I am sure I will see you around soon!

Chalkenteros said...

I don't have favorite pianists :-(

But my mom and dad adore the Rachmaninoff piano concerti.

Mark said...

I love the Racnmaninoff concerti too. Jazz, rock, or pop are allowed, if that helps. I am getting a lot of suggetions of that kind-- which will be passed along But participation is hardly compulsory! See you soon!