Sunday, December 10, 2006

I Report, You Decide

Ok. So I was looking for an Xmas present for TRH in Siteia on Friday night. I found one and it is coming back with me. Wouldn’t he like to know what it is! And it is not the first that I have found. It’s the second, truth to tell. And wouldn’t he like to know about that one too! But I digress, the following is offered for your consideration:

The man, whose store it was in which I bought the gift, was a friendly Cretan man, older than I am and nice looking (sort of like TRH). We had a nice chat about this and that as we were concluding the transaction. As I was leaving he asked me to come back for coffee on Saturday morning…which I did not do because we were off to a site and then on back to Herakleion to catch a flight back to Athens.
…
From the Rough Guide to Greece, pg. 84: “Greek men are terrible flirts, but cruising them is a semiotic minefield…”

End of offering for consideration.

And a late breaking news-flash!

On the flight to from Crete back, there was a problem with out group tickets and when it was cleared up many of us found ourselves in first class. It was total leg-room all the way across the Aegean, baby. And to add frisson to delight, a men’s soccer team was on the flight with us. As we sat in our seats, i n f i r s t c l a s s , they paraded by each more handsome than the last. It was really quite distracting in the best kind of way. The sainted BW took a picture with my camera of some fo them in baggage claim. Nice of her huh? I told the students that I wanted the picture for TRH as well as myself. One of the students asked whether TRH liked Greek men or was it soccer players. I said, “It’s all good.” Here is that picture:




Life is good.

2 comments:

Chalkenteros said...

HOT DAMN! The one in the center is a total fox.

Mark said...

Check out the hand on leg action--- he did that especial for the picture. Slapped his hand right on his buddy's thigh and pulled him a little closer. All in all, a lovely trip-- or as TRH's sister would say, "just darling."