Friday, November 17, 2006

More from Athens!

Day at the National Archaeological Museum. Fun actually!

Here are some sights during and after.

Two grave markers. "Just friends"---sure, yeah sure--- I want to see the androphilia explained away here convincingly. I am not sure it can be utterly ruled out in both cases:






Theseus and the Minotaur:



Whatchadoinlater?:



Give Blood, Save a Life:

4 comments:

Chalkenteros said...

Sometimes a handshake is just a handshake.

As for the hot marble stud: break me off a piece of that!

Mark said...

Yeah I know what you mean about the handshake---I must not get carried away... BUT, I cannot help myself! I am seeing men and women shaking hands and my colleague assures that it's cuz they're married. But then you have these two guys doing the same thing and they are either relatives FOR SURE (even when the inscriptions are gone-- though may I be exaggerating the opposing position here a lot) or they're like FRIENDS. So much effort, so much interpretive apparatus, so much laying down of paradigms for possible affectional relationships in the ancient word, is dedicated to making sure some things are not visible, that some things cannot be. Even in old homo Athens!!, home of the Symposium's Agathon... Isn't that marble stud nice? I am wandering through the galleries: kouros, kouros, kore, kore, kouros, kouros, thisa, thata, tomb gold, kouros, kore and, then, HELLO! Things all of a sudden got interesting in a different way. (The handlebars are coming in man. Dude, I'm getting a stache! I am going to look like I work in gas station!)

Chalkenteros said...

Oh, dear. So many technologies of masculinity at play here, I don't even know where to begin. Feel free to post more marble nudies. Aletheis andres, please, no kouroi twinks.

Mark said...

aletheis andres? I am on the case. I will endeavor to provide more eye candy. I am so on this case. No Twink Zone, baby.