Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Photos from Greece, Athens to be Precise about it








We have had a lovely day for touring, that's for sure. The acropolis is stunning. I was prepared to be a little jaded about it--- coming from the monumental and long-lasting ROMAN side of things--- but I must say Athens has the monumental architecture thing down!

2 comments:

Chalkenteros said...

Great pics! Keep that hat on -- the Athenian Helios looks murderous!

Mark said...

Strong the force in that Athenian Helios it is. My hat to keep on I most of the time should. [Blame the two sentences previous and the one to come on one of the students having a Star Wars T-shirt on: "The Force is Strong in This One" said it.]

I wanted to show off what remains of my hair, I guess.

I had sunblock on so the truly glorious sunshine was just lovely and bright and vanquished the jetlag with its blazing.