Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Juliya Lezhneva! Again!

Well, if you check to the left you will see that I have installed this counter thingy and I am now aware that people actually visit the blog a little more often than I thought. It is/will be a spur to getting a little more engaged. Anyway, it tells me where people are visiting from and I noticed that I got a visit from Moscow. That is where the heroine of this very post you are reading hails from--- and I suspect the Moscow visitor might be someone she is related to because he, if it is he, sent me the nicest note when I posted on her before. (Go here for the previous posting.) Anyway, Moscow Visitor got me to thinking about Juliya some more. And so I searched and I found her singing the Louise aria, Depuis le Jour! As I hit the play button, I wondered what I was going to hear--- I mean she is good with the Rossini and all--- what will happen here with the ineffable Gallicness of Charpentier's line, the floating high notes, and all the baggage that I, as a consumer of this aria for years, will bring to a listen? Let me say that I really really. so really, liked what I heard. She has nice spinto heft in her lower registers and the high notes float. Such a beautiful sound she has. I did not resist remembering what others did, I rather surrendered and was grateful. It seems to me that she should be going places. Let's keep our fingers crossed shall we? Just lovely:



PS: My book manuscript should finally be out of my hands soon; I am looking forward to some life changes when that happens!

PS the Second: I will post some pages from the book again within the week I should think.

0 comments: