Monday, September 22, 2008

Critical Driver's Test Update

I was ready. I had studied, spent the time and knew, par example, how deep the tire tread needed to be on the tires (1.5 mm!!!!) and, yes, it is six meters from the roundabouts that you can park if there is no yellow-dash line (which means no parking allowed). I was READY.

READY, re re re READY!

BUT

It turns out that as of September 1 of this year, persons converting overseas licenses don't have to take the test... sigh.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

But it's good that you did your homework first, like.

Mark said...

Like yeah. And you know, I really should avoid this interjective "like", I guess. I am too old for it and, like, really do know better.

Stephanie said...

Er. Look! Anime fanfic! http://cat-i-th-adage.livejournal.com/61339.html

Work is going well, although in a slow patch this week which is a drag because I don't much like twiddling my thumbs. I've been toying with the idea of taking an Honours paper next year part time, but I need to discuss issues like Time Off with my boss, first. Hope you and familia are well and all.

Mark said...

I will look at the Fanfic soon. But I did want to flag that if you are interested in honours for next year there will be a reception thingy at the programme 5:00 PM on October 1. We will all be there and will be able to answer questions (though you may already know about this).