Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Returning to New Zealand today




Will be on the way to the airport by 5 PM on Tuesday, will land at about 5 AM on Thursday. Wednesday will be lost forever. See you back in NZ soon.

9 comments:

Chalkenteros said...

Mark, I have an MP3 of Netrebko's performance in Puritani tonight (Thursday 1/11) -- let me know if you're interested. Not a shining performance.

Mark said...

ooh I am interested. That would be fun to check out.

Mark said...

hey... did you say you had a MP3 of the First Emperor at some point before all the APA madness? I would surely love to hear that at some point.

Mark said...

hey and check out the new pic of you! Nice.

Chalkenteros said...

Hey -- glad to hear you guys have landed safely and are back home. Your Odyssey is complete!

Yes, I have MP3s of the First Emperor also. Ok, so how shall we make the xfer? I have tried and failed at e-mailing these to others. Direct file xfer does work, tho. Are you on AIM? If so, gimme yr screen name. I am ssmith74. We can arrange a time to both be online and I can beam the files directly to you.

Oh, it's not a "new" new pic -- just new to my profile. It was actually taken way back in 2001 after a chunky-monkey much-pasta-eating summer in Roma.

Chalkenteros said...

omg what's with henry holland, lol?

Mark said...

re Henry Holland--- really, wtf?! When I finished and posted my latest, his latest blast came into view-- he had posted while I was composing. It is hard to know how serious to take all of these things. You feel a quick emotional tug. But, you know, lol is just about right. Yes! Re me and that Lear-- I was a party boy in SF when Lear was done--- that summer season I saw something like l'Italiana or Pasquale or something like that-- and that was it. I had to save my money for the Trocadero Transfer cover charge!! That Lear had everyone quaking in their boots--the stage moved! The orchestra was an assaulting force that tried to throttle you from the pit!! At this point in time, I was more concerned with Donizetti and making my moustache grow in darker, a m o n g o t h e r t h i n g s.

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark said...

the deleted comment was a duplicate of my previous one. Wtf!