A short political observation: I note that Obama has delayed his VP pick for so long that he is driving all the pundits and press people mad. They don't have the access they have come to expect!! Gnashing of teeth!! Crankiness!!! It is delightful to read. This impresses me as possibly quite clever. Is there a meta-message to all of these preening leeches that they will die from a lack of inside access if they don't start playing a little nicer--and by nicer I mean evenhandedly?
In more important news, the dog has stopped shaking and I have been giving him a good stripping. If all goes according to plan I should have some adorable before (shaggy) and after (sleek and ready to roll!) pictures at some point soon.
UPDATE Now that it appears that Biden is it, all the headfaking or whatever you want to call it just seems dumb. For THIS you made us tremble with anticipation?! Such an uninspired choice it seems to me. Maybe I will be proven wrong and I will be thrilled if I am. He (you know who) has announced he will NOT vote when our ballots arrive. He is crushed and surprised at the choice. I am about there too, but plan to vote if only so I can complain for the next four years, if the worst happens.
UPDATE THE SECOND: There is such abrasivness and orations ex tempore and in extenso on the subject of THE choice around here, that it is clear to me that Obama did not consider ME in making this choice. Now it's personal AND my comments above about canny meta stuff seem increasingly beside any point that matters to me or as any sort of analysis that might have any claim toward incisiveness. Utterly down in flames in so many ways....um...How many days until the election?
[It is past time, WAY past time, for adorable dog pictures. Claro.]
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Access (UPDATED) (AND AGAIN)
Posted by Mark at 1:24 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Political commentary here Stateside is that it's a pretty smart choice--a highly experienced Senator with major foreign policy experience who is seen as working effectively IN Washington but is not a creature OF Washington.
They're also saying that Biden will bring some much needed edge and a bulldog tenacity to the debates that is needed to supplement Obama's visionary civility.
It's been revealed that Hilary wasn't even vetted for VP, so Obama ha never ever considered her for a moment. The word is that John Dean's big job now is to make everybody look united for the cause with nobody looking like a dissenter and absolutely no protest or even sour grapes inside the convention.
Post a Comment