Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trip to South Island--- Final Photo Installment






Sergiu Celibidache Cake!!







Puzzlings.

























Moonlight (really!)-- maybe it just too lame a picture...



Lower tide--- we drove on this road to the west coast of the south island






and then we came back the way we had come and the tide was higher:



2 comments:

Will said...

Celibidache! Are you guys fans of his work? I once heard several Salzburg Festival live performances of
his and was absolutely fascinated. They sounded like nothing any other conductor had done with the work and were revelatory.

I once made a volcano cake to honor the cast of a production of South Pacific I'd designed. And then there was my Lucia di Lammermoor cake with red food coloring splashed all over a miniature bride from from a party supply shop and the groom face down in the frosting.

I have GOT to meet you sometime.

Mark said...

Love your cakes!!

I got my cake idea from the fact that we had been listening to a lot, and I mean a lot, of his recordings. I encourage you to get a hold of a Bruckner fourth of his (if you want details on it, let me know)--- it is really really something. Revelatory and passionate.

Based on listening to like 30 of his discs, he experiences success in all kinds of repertoire. There is a lot of hype around his name and in this case it is well-deserved!

And, I agree, we must meet one day! We are BFFs, after all!