Friday, April 13, 2007

Gone for about a week to the South Island....

...see you on the other side. Eating too much, opera on CD and DVD (Die Gezeichneten from Salzburg!), much dog walking, much sleeping are on the docket. I will make a sprint to try to finish the fifth chapter of my book. Wish me luck with that. TRH will study bridge books to prepare himself to represent the club in interclub competition! No danger of me being asked to do that, though I will practice playing bridge hands on BridgeBaron.

Here are some pics.

Nelson as a puppy:



Nelson grown up:



TRH does not like this picture. He is wrong:



Say "Pacini Cabaletta"!:

6 comments:

Will said...

Have a good time, Mark. My next time in New Zealand, Fritz and I will tour South Island. We did four days on North Island on the first trip and enjoyed it immensely.

I'm going to add a link to you on DesignerBlog and will try to decide over breakfast whether it will go under Performing Arts Blogs or simply Blogs I read Every Day. I'm enjoying reading you and our comment correspondence very much.

Mark said...

Will thanks for the link! I will surely return the favor when I return.

Unknown said...

I stumbled across your blog and was delighted to read you are a "Lucia" fan. So many people haven't heard of E F Benson, same with Evelyn Waugh.... I'll keep coming back and reading more.
Greg

Mark said...

Thanks Greg! Maybe I will have to blog on Lucia at some point! NOW BACK TO MY VACATION... I AM CHEATING, SNEAKING OUT TO AN INTERNET CAFE...

Mashugenah said...

So... any word on that promised progress towards the end of the book?

Mark said...

Oh yes. All last Summer I was completing Chapter Three. In the meantime Four has been done and now I am polishing off Five. I will then read the whole thing over, rewrite some of the intro (Chapter One), revise lightly, write a conclusion and then send it out to publishers during the August break. Then I will descend into a life of mindless hedonism with a soundtrack by Pacini and Schreker and occasionally emerge from my stupor to give a lecture on Myth or help keen Latin students puzzle through Statius' Silvae IV. It will be a lovely Spring! Thanks for asking.